From 10 June in Rome, bars, piazzas, restaurants and communal spaces are thronged with horn-blowing, over-excited supporters. As in every corner of Europe, Euro 2016 in Rome has already started as well, but where to watch it?
(Source of the photo: puntarellarossa.it)
Here are a range of venues (10+1) with something to suit everyone.
1. Scholars Lounge – It is a home comfort of a traditional football watching atmosphere. Air-con during the hot days is also a plus. The 18 screens will be showing every match.
Address: Via Del Plebiscito 101 B, Rome
2. Angeli Rock – It offers an aperitif with buffet without limit: pizza, mega-panini, giant wraps, Mexican dishes and many other specialties. The presence of giant screens makes the place a top place to live sporting events.
Address: via Ostiense 193 B / C, Rome
3. Jamboree Pub – Irish styled local that offers a wide selection of and over 30 different types of rum. On the menu you can find many tex-mex and Italian dishes too.
Address: Via Tagliamento, 77, Rome
4. Brasserie 4:20 – Close to Porta Portese market there is one of Rome’s most significant ‘birrerie’ (beer bars). They open at 18:00. This is on of our favorites!
Address: Via Portuense 82, Rome
5. Draft – Beers and live football match watching: a perfect combination! If you are a craft beer lover, this is your place because it offers you fifteen beers on tap. The venue is also a cocktail bar.
Address: Viale Ippocrate 64, Rome
6. Mr Doyle – You can find live matches also in Mr. Doyle, that is the master of hamburgers and sandwiches cooked on the traditional American way. Don’t forget to order from their craft beer selection!
Address: Via Massaciuccoli 64-66, Rome
7. Queen Makeda Grand Pub – Makeda is close to Circus Maximus, it hosts all evening games in a giant screen in its bamboo garden. In combination also a special menu: chicken wings or vegetable fritters + Hamburger choice with chips and homemade sauces + 1 beer. Cost 20 euro. Important notice: if you match will start before 20 o’clock this place maybe it is not so ideal, because the sun still shines to the TV screen in the garden.
Address: Via di San Saba 11, Rome
8. Shamrock Pub – The most famous Irish pubs in Rome in Rome. Shamrock pub Rome offers its customers the opportunity to see all the matches on SKY with more than 10 TV. In the case of games simultaneously with multi channel Sky, Shamrock offers you a chance to see them both (up to a maximum of three).
Address: via Del Colossei 1 C, Rome
9. The Perfect Bun – Here the staff broadcasts all matches of Europeans even the afternoon. The restaurant is open all day from 12:00 to 02:00. During the games you can eat burgers and Tex-Mex dishes in a lively atmosphere with high ceilings and brick arches.
Address: Largo del Teatro Valle 4, Rome
10. Mozzico – Here you can follow the Europeans enjoying a STADIUM: Hamburger menu, fries and great beer just 12 € in San Lorenzo district!
Address: Via dei Volsci 80, Rome
10+1. Pop-up bars on Tiber Island – Every summer, Rome opens its river banks to pop-up bars, restaurants, stalls and even a cinema. Most restaurants and bars will have at least a small screen. What could be better than sitting by the side of the River Tiber as you watch a match, escaping at least in part the heat of a Roman evening.
(Source of the photo: blogdabrunaycloe.com)